The Ogre can get you to your job during the week, then way out of town on the weekend. It’s not sluggish on pavement or gravel and can also hold its own on singletrack. Ogre has many of the same features as Troll — horizontal slotted dropouts with Gnot-Boost spacing, a tweaked non-suspension corrected geometry, and a beefy tire clearance — but in a 29er platform.
- Surly 4130 chromoly steel, main triangle double-butted frame
- TIG-welded, Horizontal slotted with derailleur hanger, Gnot-Boost spacing allows the use of 135mm QR hub, 142 x 12mm thru-axle or 148 x 12mm Boost hubs. Features Rohloff torque arm slot and threaded eyelets for fenders, racks and Surly trailer mounts
- Full-length Surly Trip Guide housing line guides for derailleurs and brakes; two sets of bottle cage mounts; upper seatstay threaded barrels, mid- and low-blade fully threaded through-blade fork eyelets; threaded holes for racks, fenders and trailer mounting nuts; Rohloff OEM2 axle plate mounting slot
- Disc brakes only. Disc mounts are 51mm IS. Note: rear disc brake is limited to 160mm maximum rotor diameter and requires the use of Surly caliper adaptor (included with frames and bikes)
- Frame is ED Coated for increased life expectancy
- Tire clearance for 29 x 2.5” or 27.5 x 3”
12mm Thru x 142mm